It’s time for Spring Cleaning 2022! Here in Los Angeles and Orange County, it’s easy to get caught up in day-to-day life. However, it’s that day-to-day life that allows our homes and our other properties to slowly become cluttered while we’re not paying attention. That’s why we dedicate a spring cleaning day every year. It’s so we have a chance to catch up with the clutter and bring things back to a peaceful, tidy equilibrium.
911 Junk California has assembled a list of spring cleaning tips for your consideration. Whether you’re an Orange County homeowner that is expecting to entertain guests soon, a business owner that needs your commercial space looking tidy for tourists, or anybody else, now’s a great time to do some cleaning up. Let’s review how you can get started together.
Spring Cleaning Checklist 2022
- Pay attention to the floors. It’s not every day the floors around your house get some major attention, but spring cleaning day is the perfect time to do it. Grab a broom and dustpan to sweep up the big bits first. Then, move on to using a vacuum cleaning, especially on your carpets. Finally, finish up by mixing together some mop water and scrubbing off whatever grime is left over. You can even use a floor steaming mop for that extra shine.
- Dust all the surfaces. We can’t help the fact that dust accumulates all around the house. What we can do, though, is do our best to mitigate its effects. So grab a feather duster or a dust rag and start cleaning off those surfaces. Of course, these surfaces include the high shelves on your cabinets, the baseboards, and the doorframes. Don’t forget less obvious places, too, like atop fan blades and in those high-up parts of your closets.
- Clean the bathrooms. Nobody likes a disgusting bathroom, so why not put some little extra elbow grease into cleaning it up? Scrubbing the toilet and the sink is just the beginning. Don’t forget to also clean off the mirror and remove those unsightly stains from your bathtub as well. We also recommend sending your shower curtain liner through the wash. Just make sure you only use cold water to avoid melting it.
- Assess your storage spaces. Has your basement, attic, or storage closet been a disaster for a while now, but you just never got around to fixing the problem? Now is the perfect time to do something about it. Maybe rearranging those boxes and bins in a more sensible way will help open up space. You might even want to consider investing in a new cabinet or shelf to help stack those stored belongings vertically.
Spring Cleaning Services: Get Rid of Clutter Fast
Here’s an important highlight among our spring cleaning tips: reclaim space around the house by getting rid of your junk. The question is, though, what qualifies as junk? Ask yourself the following questions below to find out.
- “Have I used this item recently?” Some items are more useful than others. Some aren’t very useful at all, and those are the ones you should put on the chopping block.
- “Does this item have sentimental value?” There are some things that we want to keep even if we don’t use them. Maybe they bring back a fond memory. If the item doesn’t have any sentimental value, though…
- “Do I really need to keep this?” If you’ve gotten to this question, chances are, the answer is no. Put it into a plastic bag or into a cardboard box. This will start your collection of useless things that you can dispose of.
Once you’ve accumulated a pile of things, you’ll have to find a way to get rid of them. The weekly trash pickup service is usually enough to get rid of this junk. However, you might not want to wait a week, and you might’ve gathered too much stuff for the weekly pickup service to take. For example, lots of unwanted furniture or appliances might be too much for you to even get to the curb.
If you’re having trouble disposing of your clutter, then consider our junk removal services. We are happy to handle your items for you, and we will save you from a foul-smelling trip to a local landfill. In addition, we’ll recycle and donate your unwanted items whenever possible to help reduce waste.
This concludes our spring cleaning tips for you. Thank you for reading, and happy cleaning!