Posed Dangers of Hoarding
It might be time to consider hoarding junk removal in Long Beach if your cluttered home is posing these health or safety risks.
There are many potential health risks that can come from a hoard.
- Pest Infestation. Bugs and rodents can quickly spread in hoarding conditions. They can cause physical injury, contaminate food sources, and spread harmful bacteria through their droppings.
- Air Quality. Lack of air circulation and damp conditions in a hoard are prime for mold. When boxes, possessions, and clutter prevent quick cleanup, mold can cause serious respiratory health issues.
The risk of physical injury in a hoard is high.
- Falls. It’s easy for people to trip and fall when their home is over-filled with items.
- Collapse. Even when boxes and items are stacked, there is a real risk of items collapsing and causing injury.
Your hoard may prevent Long Beach first responders from getting to you in an emergency.
- Fire Risk. Heaters, appliances, and electrical cords pose an increased fire hazard when packed into a hoard.
- Blocked Exits. When the hoard blocks doors and windows or only leaves pathways through the home, rescue attempts are unsafe for first responders. This means help may not be able to reach you in a timely manner.
Of course, there is also a great risk of damage to your home. The sheer weight of the hoard can pose structural issues and make the home unsafe for habitation. Water damage is often not caught quickly and cannot be accessed for proper repair and mitigation. Utilities also cannot be accessed for maintenance and repair, so they often fall into disrepair.
Individuals living in a hoard also suffer social implications.
- Legal Compliance. When the hoard violates Long Beach regulations or neighborhood rules, the resident is at risk of legal issues, eviction, and fines.
- Social Isolation. Family members and friends who try to help often get frustrated and the hoarder retreats further into isolation.
Options for Hoarding Junk Removal in Long Beach
While the risks of hoarding are plentiful, there are resources available to help. If the hoard is too much for you, your friends, and your family to clean out alone, then it may be time to call in the experts. Choosing the right hoarding junk removal company in Long Beach makes all the difference. 911 Junk CA is here to ensure your hoarder cleaning success!
- Full-Service. Our staff will gather, sort, remove, and load up all junk, trash, and debris from the hoard.
- Eco-Friendly. We’ll donate usable items, recycle what we can, and properly dispose of what is left.
- Affordable. Our hoarder cleanup service cost is always fair. We’ll give you a quote so you know what to expect.
- Respectful. We understand this is a big decision, so we’ll treat you and your home with the utmost respect.
If you’d like to speak with one of our junk removal experts about Long Beach hoarder cleanup services, then please call 562-209-8884. We’ll be glad to discuss cleanup options and arrange for the service that best meets your needs. If you’d prefer, you can also request more information online.